Skip to main content

DS: Risk Warning; Off-site visits

Hello all,

Please note the not unexpected controversy following below which we'll monitor and comment on later if necessary. The assumption that Bristol is safer is one for caution, but there are no known threats for our area.

Bill

From the Bristol Post:


A concerned parent has sparked a heated debate after pulling their son out of a school trip to London after the latest terror attack.
The unnamed parent took to Facebook to say they would not be allowing their son, who is in year three at Hareclive Primary School in Hartcliffe, to visit the Natural History Museum with his classmates.

Instead they are planning to take him to the AtBristol science museum and have invited other parents concerned about safety in London to join them.

The parent’s comments have prompted a fierce debate with some backing the decision, while others suggesting they are giving in to terror.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DS Risk Warning: Health - Coronavirus/Covid 19

Hello all, You may well have already heard or seen that as a result of the Government's meeting today on this issue they have moved to a different level of response to the virus and its progress namely DELAY. After reading the following and reflecting on it you may come to the conclusion a communication to all staff and another to parent/carers would be timely, as soon as possible, to try to stave off issues on site tomorrow morning. With immediate effect the advice is that anyone with a new persistent cough or high temperature should self-isolate for seven days. From Friday, school trips abroad will be banned. This should trigger the ability to claim from your insurers but there's no compensation for the disappointment and lost opportunity, of course. Older people and those with pre-existing health conditions are being told not to go on cruises. PM Boris Johnson said it was "the worst public health crisis for a generation".   He said there was no...

Delegated Services Risk Warning: Weather; Snow and Ice

Hello all, On the basis of the current forecast projection, coming to a conclusion on business as usual on Friday is very difficult to call. You'll see from the risk matrix below and description that things are moving in the higher impact direction for snow on the way home and overnight on Thursday, with things easing in the early hours and into the morning. However, there's still the caveat that a lot of it could be rain! If snow, the description may mean that it will be possible to have motorways and the majority of principal gritted routes open and, therefore, public transport running for the journey to work. My call at the moment is that it looks like an early curtain open and radio on for Friday morning to see what we face. It could vary markedly across the staff team's travel to work area. Make sure your communication cascade to all method is ready, up to date and has capacity if many have to use it. It may be a 'we are open' on a rolling basis will ...

DS Risk Warning: Health - Cornavirus/Covid 19

Priority Wed, 26 Feb, 20 Hello all, Looking at how things are progressing and supporting you with your many enquiries can we suggest, if you haven't done so already, a communication to your community and staff? The content would be to reassure that you are following the national and local advice. You could then copy and paste the advice from yesterday that includes the list of Category 1 and Category 2 locations and the list of Italian lock down villages. If you can you can go on to say nobody has returned from lock down areas anywhere in the world. Some have returned from areas where the advice is clear on being vigilant in case symptoms appear. If that were to be the case they will then follow the self isolate advice, etc. it would be sensible to recognise that the situation is very dynamic and could already be changing as you send your communication. You will update them on your position if anything material changes, but they can also keep up to date ...